Saturday 23 August 2014

My current hair care routine

Hey there guys! I wasn't quite sure what to post today, but whilst doing my hair this morning I thought 'Ouuh, this could be a good little blog post to do.' I have recently changed my hair care routine, not by much, but I am doing different things to try and make my hair a bit more healthier and I have been testing out new products to try and make a difference to the appearance of  my hair and give it more volume. [ Sorry guys but this may be a very long post, if you are just interested in the products then please scroll past this very long text that's about to come. ]

Let me start off my talking a little bit about my hair before getting into the routine (even though I've probably mentioned the condition of my hair in a few blog posts when talking about hair products, so scuze me and if you are not interested in this bit please do skip down to the 'routine' part). So my hair hasn't always been in great condition and I have quite a few split ends (I used to have a lot more) and my hair does tend to break very easily. I went through a period where I stopped using any type of heat on my hair for about 6 months or so when I was in high school, this was when my hair was probably at it's worst I will say and I needed to do something about it and so using no heat was one of the best things for it. I used to wash my hair everyday which meant blowdrying it every day which then led to straightening it everyday. I used to straighten my hair everyday as I never used to really like my natural little wave or so to my hair but now it really doesn't bother me at all.. I can't even remember the last time I straightened by hair tbh, it is not essential for me anymore, and I'm kinda glad. When I was using this much heat on my hair I was never really using any hair products either to try and protect my hair, I would use a little bit of heat defence if I remembered but no serum or hair masks or anything in fact, just shampoo, conditioner and a lil bit of heat defence every now and then. One day I realised that it had to stop before I ruin my hair completely. It was pretty much like straw haha, and I hated it. So yeah, I had to try and find a way of styling my hair without using any heat knowing that I didn't want to tie my hair up in a pony tail or a messy bun or anything as I am very self concious about my ears and my forehead (lel). So I decided to do two braids in my hair after washing it and then sleep with them in so in the morning all I had to do was take them out and voila! Of course my hair wasn't straight at all, I had lots of waves in it from the braids and I ended up really liking it. The only problem was my little side fringe bit, well it wasn't little it was quite long, it ended up a bit weird and I didn't want to straighten it so I used to grab a couple of bobby pins and pin it to the side. And there, that was my hair style for like pretty much a whole year at school and it did really help a lot. My hair was also ruined from where I used to die it a lot, I did a blog post all about this so I won't really say anything about that. Moving on a couple of years.. You can definitely see a difference, even though I did start using a bit of heat on my hair after the 6 months or so, I started washing my hair every 3 days, and blow dried it but I still don't really straighten it to be honest. Washing my hair every 3 days means that I only ever need to use heat on it once every 3 days which is so much better than when I used to do it every day. So yes, my hair does feel a lot better and I definitely have a lot less split ends, although I do need to get my ends cut again soon as they are starting to show up again at the ends of my hair. Until a few months back I used to sleep with my hair up in a messy bun and this was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made (not even joking haha). I used to wake up and take my hair band out and my hair used to be so knotted and break so easily and it just made my hair feel so horrible. Then I discovered that putting a braid or two in your hair when you go to bed protects your hair as it doesn't get knotted or anything and so every since then I have been doing this and I can really tell a difference in my hair, it feels a lot softer and my hair feels a lot stronger and doesn't seem to break as much as it used to. My hair has definitely improved over the last couple of years but it's still not in the best condition I don't think so I'm still trying out lots of different products to make it look and feel better. Anyways guys, here is my current hair care routine, enjoy!



♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥
                                                                     


 So first of I wash my hair, I do this about every 3 days. I used to wash it everyday when I was at high school and it used to get so greasy after like a day witch then of course made me want to wash it everyday and so I decided that in the summer holidays when I had finished my year I would get my hair used to not being washed everyday so I got into the routine of washing my hair every two days and it ended up working out after a couple of weeks, my hair stopped getting greasy after one day and I was so glad I did that. Now, I have got into a routine of washing it every three days and that is even better! I'm so glad I have stopped washing it everyday.
So when it comes to shampoo I don't really have a specific one that I use all the time, I kinda like to mix it up and try all sorts of different ones. I am have been switching between these two at the moment :




The first one is the Argan Oil Shampoo with Moroccan argan oil extract. I bought this when I was last in England and regret not buying more than just one. I didn't know what to expect from this product as it was from Poundland but I love anything with argan or moroccan oil in it so I just had to try it out, and to be honest I really like it. I don't find that it 'mousses' up as much as some other shampoos but it still does the job of cleaning your hair and because it has moroccan oil it in I feel like it makes my hair a lot softer than some other ordinary shampoo, so for one pound you can't go wrong!





The other shampoo I have been using is this massive bottle of Hair Academy Shampoo for Fine or Flat hair. I have never really heard of this brand before until I went into this little shop over here in France that is run by English people and stocks products and brands from England. As I have been trying to give my hair a little bit more volume lately I thought that this shampoo could maybe help do that. And I have found that it works wonders on my hair! Again for such a small price I didn't really know what to expect but after using it only twice I feel like my hair already has a lot more 'oumpth' and volume to it, it definitely feels thicker. Even on the days where I don't wash my hair, I brush it and my hair just bounces back and feels so thick, it's amazing! I am not sure where you can get this product from in England but I will try and find a link for it.  


Next is conditioner. I use conditioner every time I wash my hair, but once a week I swap it with a hair mask just to give my hair that little extra treatment that it deserves. Again, I don't have a favourite conditioner, I just mix and match. Normally I would use a conditioner that goes with the shampoo but unfortunately when I bought both of these shampoos they both didn't have the conditioner in stock.


The conditioner that I have been using is a Tresemme one, but it has just run out so I can't get a photo of it sorry. I think it was one for damaged hair or something like that. So I have resulted into using the Alberto Balsam Intensive Conditioning Treatment. And yes I know this is a treatment more than a conditioner but I personally don't like it as a treatment or mask, I don't feel like it does as much as the hair treatments I have used and tried before, therefore I am using it as a normal conditioner and it does it's job fine. I love the smell of this product even though I am not a fan or honey, but with the almond extracts it just gives it that nice, clean, warm smell. Again this was only a pound, so you can't go wrong with that!


For a hair mask I have been absolutely loving this Herbal Essences Split End Protection Intensive Mask for beautiful ends. It is just an amazing products, my hair feels so smooth and frizz-free after using this on my hair and the smell is just gorgeous, it has raspberry extracts in it and raspberries are one of my favourite fruit. If you had split ends that need controlling or damaged hair I really recommend going to check this little beauty out, again, very affordable and the product lasts ages. Here is the link and it's half price at the miment so go grab it now guys, bargain! : Herbal Essences Split End Mask



Moving onto hair care products. I have one that I use on my hair when it's damp after I have washed it and one for the days where I don't, so on dry hair. 





My 'damp hair' product is the Macadamia Nourishing Leave-In Cream. I won't say too much about is product as I have recently done a blog post about it but I absolutely love this product and well pretty much everything I have tried from this brand is amazing. I just put a little blob on my fingers and just run it through the ends of my hair. This is a 60ml bottle and it has lasted me so long! I bought this off a website called Fragrance Direct for only 2.99, bargain! Unfortunately they don't have this one left on the website anymore but they have a 300ml bottle for only 11.99! Here's the link : Macadamia Leave In Cream.




My 'dry hair' treatment is the Tresemme Salon Smooth Anti-Frizz Serum. You can use this on dry hair aswell as damp hair but seeing as I already have the Macadamia one for when I wash my hair I thought I would just use it on the days when I don't wash my hair. This product has Argan Oil in it and like I said before I love anything with that type of oil in it as it is so good for your hair and it leaves it feeling so soft and silky. It a quite runny, see-through liquid, and again I just put a little blob on my hands and run it through the ends of my hair. Once it has sinked in the ends of my hair feel so smooth. You can find this product in any Boots or Superdrug for about 4.99.


Last but not least, products I use on my hair before/whilst styling it. As I have said near the beginning of this post, I have been trying to give my hair a little more volume and thickness to it and when I last went to Boots in England they had a 3 for 2 deal on all hair products. I don't know if they still do it but it's a great deal. So I picked up 3 different products to try out all relating to volume and thickness of hair. These two are my favourite ones out of the three. 



The first one being the Vo5 Plump It Up Amplifying Blow Dry Lotion. I love this product, although it doesn't give me as much volume as I would like I still find that it helps it and what is great about this product is that it's also a heat defence, a great 2 in 1 as when I style my hair after washing it I don't have to use a styling product and then a heat defence, I just have to use this one product. I spray this product all over my hair and the roots before blow drying it. It has a nice smell to it and leaves your hair looking nice and shiny. 


My next favourite is this Tresemme 24 hour body Amplifying Mousse. I love this mousse, I don't use it everytime I blow dry my hair as I feel like it does make my hair feel a bit greasy the next day, I don't know whether it's because I put too much in or it's just actually putting mousse in my hair that makes it that way. Either way I still really like this product as it gives me great volume to the top of my hair. On towel dried hair, I shake the can and pump a quite a big size blob on my hand then rub my other hand in it, and then I will just like massage it in in the underneath of my hair at the top, and then on the outer bit of my hair. Then I just get the hair dryer and just blow dry away! This does add some nice volume to my hair and it seems to last all day. Recommend this product to anyone looking for a great mousse to amplify your hair.






                                                                                                 ♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥ . ♥


There you go guys, there is my current hair care routine and products that I use. Hope you guys enjoyed it and sorry for the length of it, I will try and make my next post not as long haha. I want to know if you guys have ever tried any of these products and if you have a post about your hair care routine on your blog please leave the link in a comment as I will love to check it out, always up for new hair care tips and products! :)



2 comments:

  1. great post - it's nice to see exactly what you use!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. enter my £300 rayban and beauty goodies giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I'll go check it out!

    ReplyDelete