Friday 28 August 2015

The Nudes Palette by Maybelline

Hey guys! Today I have a review for you. A review on the 'The Nudes' palette by Maybelline New York. It's a palette I purchased about a month and a half ago, and I have been using it pretty much every day ever since. Now I am a huge fan of gold/brown smokey eyes, and to be honest I only ever really wear nude, golds and browns on my eyes just because they are the colours that suit me the best. I could never pull off a blue or purple eye shadow, EVER. Even silvery toned eyes shadows I am not a big fan of on me. It must be my ginger hair! 
This palette has a great mix of mattes and shimmery eye shadows, 6 matte and 6 shimmery ones. Which I think is perfect for a palette. To be fair, I am much more of a shimmery eye person, I don't often tend to use the matte ones but on some occasions when I am in a bit of a rush or just want a plain eye then I will use them. You can also mix and match them both. On the back of the palette there's 8 different 'tutorials' using theses eye shadows, showing you which ones to use together to create a lovely looking eye either with 4 eye shadows, 3 or 2. Which I think is pretty cool, especially if you are starting off with make up. 
There are some lovely taupe shades, some gorgeous browns and gold and a little matte black to end the palette. As I said, the range of colours is amazing and such a perfect nude palette. It's the perfect size to carry around in your make up bag, it's quite small to be honest. It will also save carrying around 4/5 different eye shadows in your bag. 
The pigmentation of the eye shadows, is quite good, not amazing so I would definitely recommend using an eye shadow base or primer, like I do, as it will bring out the colour so much more and will make it last a lot longer than without one. I bought mine over here in France for around 13 euros, and I checked on the Boots website and you can pick it up there for £9.99, but it's currently on offer on their website for £7.99, which I think is a really good price for a 12 eye shadow palette that has gorgeous shades in it. 
All in all, I really do love this palette and it is perfect for my every day make up.




3 comments:

  1. I love the look of this palette so much, it looks really versatile! Definitely tempted to pick one up for myself.

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review! It was very helpful!
    I always see this palette in teh store and think about getting it, but somehow I never did! Maybelline usually makes great eyesdhadows and I love gold eyeshadows.
    I'm definetly going to get one next time at the drugstore!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete