Thursday 15 January 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks.



Hey guys, today I am here with one of my favourite Bourjois products and it's, as you can guess by the title, their Rouge Edition lipsticks. I picked these up from my local supermarket on offer last summer for 'buy 2 get 2 free', definitely a bargain as they are around 8.99 each (about 7.99 in England I believe). They didn't have all the shades in there, I think they had 6 of them I believe, so I picked up 4 to try them out, and these are by far, one of my favourite ranges of lipsticks from the drugstore brands. They have a really nice texture to them, when you put them on they are very creamy which I love as my lips get dry very easily, and drier lipsticks don't apply very well on my lips. After about ten minutes the lipstick starts to become more matte which is great as glossier lipsticks don't tend to last as long I find (well, on me they don't anyway). For the duration of these lipsticks, I would say they do last a good few hours before it starts to kind of fade away, even if you eat/drink etc, they still tend to last quite a good few hours too, just not as long, depends on how much you drink haha. I think these will be great if you have to go somewhere for a long time, or if you are going out in the evening, as they are good long lasting, even if you just pop to the bathroom to top it up once haha. I checked on their website and I do believe that they come in a range of 18 different colours, from nudes to bright bold reds. I also really like the packaging, I love the black and I love how you can see the colour of the lipstick at the bottom without having to open the lid, definitely handy when you are in a rush to find the colour you want! I will definitely be picking up some more as I feel they are a must have in my collection. 


Here are the 4 lipsticks I chose and my thoughts on the colours :

- The first one I picked up is shade N.04_Rose Tweed. This is a very pretty nude colour, it's quite browny that tilts towards a light pink I would say and I love wearing this in Autumn and Winter but I also love wearing it in spring, I think that it's just a perfect brown nude to wear for any occasion in any season. 



- The second one I chose was N.06_Rose Coquette and this is a very light pinky/coral colour. I thought it looked really pretty in the packaging and was a lovely light spring summer colour but when I opened it up and swatched it, I didn't realise it had shimmer in it, and I am not a big fan of shimmery lipstick to be honest. I think this is my least favourite one out of all four of them, but I still think it's a pretty lipstick and I have worn it a good few times.


- The next one I picked up was N.07_Fuchsia Graffiti. This is a beautiful bright pink colour and what I love about it, is that it doesn't come out too bold either, it is a little bit sheer, so it's great for those who want to dare and try something a little bit more bright but without feeling like your lips are too bold, too out there. I think this is a perfect summer colour and I really love this one.


- The last one I chose was N.14_Pretty Prune. This is by far my favourite one. It's a really pretty Bordeaux colour, but it's not too dark either as again, it kind of has a little sheerness to it. I just think it's a really pretty winter colour and I have been wearing it a loooot lately (along with my Rimmel Kate Moss 107, definitely my favourite). I would definitely recommend this to everyone who is looking for a pretty deep red colour. 



 There you go guys, there's a little review on these gorgeous lipsticks. Let me know if you have ever tried any from this range and if so what ones do you recommend. :)

12 comments:

  1. The dark red looks perfect

    check out my newest post
    xx
    tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, one of my favourite dark red lipsticks. :) x

      Delete
  2. that nude is gorgeous! I'm always on the look out for a new nude shade!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should definitely try it out whenever you are in the need of a new nude. :) x

      Delete
  3. I adore every single one of those colours that you have! Bourjois is probably one of my favourite brands - consistently good! This is a really lovely post :)

    Charlotte xx
    dobeautywithcharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great review! Really enjoying your blog so I have given you a follow on bloglovin' and nominated you for the Liebester Award! Details can be found on my post at: realisings.blogspot.com

    Sian xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much lovely! I will go check it out! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I actually like the look of Rose Coquette on your hand, but I'm not too sure once it's actually on the lips.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paige,
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, please check it out :)

    ~~ http://reginareviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award-my-nominations.html ~~

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The N.O 6 Ross Coquette looks beautiful! May need to be making a purchase soon - lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful shades! Great post :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete