Sunday 26 April 2015

Making important decisions.


Hey there guys. So the other day, I spent some time thinking about what I want in life, where I want to be in a few years and how to get there. Now I'm not normally someone who's very good at making decisions and thinking about things, as most of the time I just sit there and go with the flow. But, me, and my boyfriend decided it was about time I did sit down and think. I have been at University for the last two years, and to be honest, it's not my cup of tea. I used to enjoy learning new things, new languages etc.. but since being at uni, it all seems different, it's no fun anymore, just listening to a teacher talk whilst you write down notes about everything he says. The organisation of my uni is just terrible, and some of the teachers are either very ignorant or quite 'racist'. The whole thing is just a big thumbs down from me and I don't want to be trapped there anymore. Also, I live with my boyfriend in the town where my uni is. Now I am not a town person, I do like being there but for me, it;s too noisy, too many people, too much going on. I moved to France when I was 8, since then I have lived in the country with my mum (until I moved out) and at heart, I am a country girl, I have been since I moved over here, and so the country is where I belong. I am not a night life person, I don't like crowds, I don't like too much noise. Fields, forests, grass, flowers, peace, tranquility, THAT is what I like. 

And so, I made some important decisions..

I have decided to drop out of university for now, move back to my mums for a while, look for a job and eventually rent out a house with the person I love. I know it might feel like I am taking a step back cos I am moving back to my mums, quitting uni, but I feel like it is for the best and I am taking a step back to take two steps forward. I feel like I will be a happier person and will enjoy life a little bit more if all this goes to plan. 

I just want to let you guys know that, if you are not happy with what you are doing, stop. Stop doing it. There is no point in doing something that you are not enjoying, because you could be doing something that will be making you a lot happier, even if you know it will take time to get there, it will be worth it in the end. Don't do what people want you to do, don't let them choose your life career, your life path. Don't let people or obstacles get in the way of what you want. If you want something, even if it seems impossible, do it, go for it, try.. cos you will end up regretting it if you don't. Life is hard, but dreams are not impossible. Keep your head high, smile and everything will be just fine.. 



7 comments:

  1. I think you took a good decision. A lot of people think that going to Uni will help you a lot, but honestly, I finished Uni and work in a different environment, not related at all. You need to find out what makes you happy and stick to that.

    http://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! :) And I agree with you. I sort of know what job I would like and it is not really related to what I am (or was) studying at Uni. I will figure everything out soon! :) x

      Delete
  2. Go you! I think it is brilliant that you are able to get control of your life and decide what you want to do, at the end of the day it is your life so you need to make the decisions that feel right for you :) I went to Uni, never really enjoyed it, finished and then just took any job I could not even related to my degree, I'm still trying to figure out what I really want to be doing, but I'm happy with the fact that I am not putting any pressure on myself and eventually it will work itself out! :D

    Elle x
    Notes of Petranella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks for your lovely comment! :) And I totally agree with you. I don't really know what I want in life, well I do, just not job wise, but to be honest, I'm the sort of person who would just be happy with a nice little job, nothing fancy, because I know I will be happy in life as long as I have the people who mean the most to me, around me. I will just take it easy and not put any pressure on myself like you said, and see where life takes me.. :) x

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful photos, thanks for sharing :)

    http://whalespa.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! very interesting! thank you so much for sharing :)

    Love Peace and Shimmer

    ReplyDelete