Thursday 26 June 2014

VO5 Plump it up.

Hey guys! Today I am going to be showing you one of my new favourite hair products. So lately my hair has been feeling and looking a bit 'meh'. It doesn't have much volume or a nice texture and doesn't really look in the best condition either. My hair used to be really bad and had so many split ends and so throughout a whole year I stopped using heat on it completely (CrAzY!) At first it was so hard for me as not being able to dry my hair made it lose a lot of volume and not straightening it made it look a bit all over the place but after a while it didn't actually look that bad as my hair was in better condition. Of course just before I did this I cut my hair so most of the split ends had already gone. My natural hair is neither straight or curly, it's kind of a mix, if that's possible. When I was about 3 my hair was just pure ringlets, it was so crazy, but weirdly this only lasted a year, after that it went dead straight and I don't even know how or why! By the age of 10 my ends started to go a bit curly and then up to today it has never been pure straight again, my hair has really loose curls and just flicks all over the place but also bits that are dead straight, it's kinda hard to explain but I am sure this is a natural thing. Anyways, after that year of NO heat, I ended up liking using my hair dryer again as it gave me so much volume and made my hair feel quite smooth. Now I know this is ruining my hair, some days where I have to go somewhere important or going to see someone I have to use the hairdryer, but if I am just at home then I won't cos I'd be ruining my hair for nothing haha. So when I last went to England in May, I popped into Boots as they had a 3 for 2 deal on all hair products so I thought why not see if I can pick up something that will help give my hair a bit more boost and fullness. I picked up 3 different products of course, and my favourite one is the VO5 Plump it up spray. This spray claims to give to 'Volume and thickness with natural bounce.' and I certainly agree with this. You spray it on your hair when you have towel dried it and just before you blow dry your hair. I spray it all over my hair and mainly near the roots underneath so it kind of pushes it up and gives me volume there. And it works a miracle, I can definitely see more volume in my hair and it does last a good 4 hours which is amazing, maybe even more! One more amazing thing about this product is the fact that it also has heat defence! It's kind of like a two in one, how brilliant! I don't have any downsides about this product, so if you are looking for a product which gives you a bit more volume definitely pick this one up. I can't exactly remember how much it was but it was no more than 5-6 pounds. 
Have you ever tried this product before? 



1 comment:

  1. I've never tried this range before! Sounds great and I've really loved the V05 products i've used in the past!

    Haaappy Summer!
    Hailes<3
    To visit my blog - Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete