Wednesday 25 June 2014

Sephora eyeliner.

Hey guys! Yesterday when my exams had finished I couldn't help but pop into Sephora as I was desperately in need of a new eyeliner. I was first, very tempted to buy the new Benefit 'They're real' liner but when I tried it out, I wasn't too keen on the way in worked, the fact that you had to twist it for the product to come out on the plastic bit, I just found it hard to apply. Maybe it's just me? I don't know.. The one good thing I will say about it though was the shape of the applicator, it was angled. So after being a bit disappointed about the product after trying it out, the Sephora 'smart liner' caught my eye with it's bizarre shape. The shape of it is meant to make it easier to do a smooth, winged eyeliner in one move pretty much. And that's what is does! I was pretty impressed with how much easier it is to apply and how quick you can get your eyeliner done. Now personally, and I'm pretty much the only person who does, I take about 5 minutes to get my eyeliner done perfectly (with my old one anyway).. But with this product it is done in 2 seconds! The line it creates is so precise as well and you can do thin lines and thick lines with it which is great. The applicator is kind of like the 'felt-tip' eyeliners and it goes really thin at the end. I will say it is kind of hard to get used to holding this shape eyeliner at first, but after trying it out once or twice you don't even realise that it is kind of an awkward shape. It lasts a long time on your eye and doesn't smudge, although it is not waterproof so maybe it will start to smudge once touched with water. There is two things about this eyeliner though, is it I don't think that it will last very long (I mean the product in general not on the eye) just because it is one of those 'felt-tip' ones and they tend to dry out really quickly, but also the cartridge inside is very small so I take it that there is little product which is a shame as I will be using it on a daily basis as I am in love with it. Also, I find it quite hard to take off, I don't know whether it is my make up remover that isn't great to take it off, but I think that you will need something like a waterproof makeup remover to get it off easier. I paid around 12.99euros so about 10pounds I think which isn't too bad for a Sephora eyeliner, I just hope it lasts me long enough to get the most out of my money!  





Whilst I was in Sephora, I couldn't help but pick up a couple of these little cute things aswell. These mini body washes are so cute and so handy if you are travelling or going on holiday via a plane as you are only aloud a certain amount of ml's in your hand luggage. They had a huge amount of different scents and unfortunately the one I wanted the most (caramel) had sold out! But these ones sounded just as nice. I got Lagoon, Cotton flower (one of my favourite incense stick sense) and Coconut. I am a huge fan of every single body wash or moisturiser that is coconut scented, mhmmm! I can't wait to try them out when I go on holiday and I might just have to pick up some more before I go! I will let you know once I have tried them how good they smelt. They were 0.95euros each so around 70/80p which isn't bad for these little things. They have big bottles of each one in the shop too but I thought I'd just stick to the mini ones til I found the scent I love the most.


My free samples! As you probably know, everytime you go into Sephora you get little perfume samples and I got these two by Guerlain Paris. They are both called 'La petite robe noire' but have two different dresses one shorter one and one long one. They both have a different scents but they both smell amazing! And the actual packaging/bottles for these perfumes are so cute! (Had to have a little look in the shop after getting these). I think my favourite one out of the two is the long dress one. It is quite confusing that they both have the same name and I don't know if there is a name on the actual bottles to mark the difference between the two. I also found that they had a third 'La petite robe noire' aswell whilst in the shop but I didn't get a sample of it. If you are in need of a lovely girlie perfume one of these three is definitely for you, I would really recommend them for a lovely summery girlie perfume. 





2 comments:

  1. Loving the Sephora haul! We agree with what you said about the Benefit Push Up Liner, it seems to be very overrated because we didn't really feel like there was anything special about it. But the Sephora one looks like it would make life soo much easier because of the shape of the packaging. Only problem is the fact we don't have a Sephora in England, unfortunately!

    xoxo Nikki @ ourpreciouswonders.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot that there is no Sephora in England, which is a shame, but I think that the US Sephora ships to the UK. :)

    ReplyDelete