Sunday 22 June 2014

Garnier Ambre Solaire BB cream with spf 50

Hey there guys, today I have a little review for you on one of my latest make-up buys which is the Garnier Ambre Solaire BB cream with spf 50. As soon as I saw the product on the shelves I was immediately attracted to it just because of the fact it had spf 50 in it, and for me this is amazing. I am ginger and have quite pale skin so I catch the sun very easily in summer and turn red like a lobster and suffer for a few days. I'm not too keen on wearing sun screen (even though I have no choice), especially when it comes to wearing it on my face, I just find that it is too oily and too thick. So when I saw that Garnier had a BB cream with spf 50 in it, I just had to get it! In the summer I mainly go for a BB cream as I find that foundation is just too thick on a hot day, especially when it just melts down my face haha! I payed around 10euros for it in France which is about 7 or 8 pounds, which isn't too bad but is nearly double the price of the normal Garnier BB cream that I normally buy out here in France.
The BB cream does feel quite thick (but not too much) which I find with all the Garnier BB creams to be honest but once blended in it does feel a lot lighter. It does give quite a dewy finish, it's definitely not matte which I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing in the summer, it depends on your skin type really cos I know that I have combination to oily skin and sometimes in the summer my face gets more oily than in the winter and so something that gives me a dewy finish is not always the best but either way I am still going to be wearing this product most of the summer. Secondly, the colour. Now to be honest, I was very shocked when I saw the colour that came out of the tube. On the box it says that it is for pale skin people who catch the sun easily, and this BB cream doesn't have on the front weather it is for light or dark skin, but to me, according to what is said on the back of the box it sounded like it would be a light colour and that it would blend in perfectly into your skin tone. Ok, so when I squeezed a little bit on my hand and started to rub it in a bit, it was orange, and I mean ORANGE! I was like 'Oh my god no! I just wasted money on a product that sounded so amazing!' Yes, it sounded amazing to me haha. But then I thought I'd try it again and use my real techniques expert face brush and started to blend it, and yet again, it was still orange, until I kept on blending it more and more. Hallelujah! It was blended into my skin perfectly, damn, I was so relieved. About the duration, it does last quite a while, I would say it lasts about the same as the normal Garnier BB cream so for around 6 to 8 hours maybe if you are lucky, which is still really good.  I haven't quite worn it out in the sun for a whole day so I'm not too sure if it will protect you from the sun if you were out from morning 'til evening in the sun but I wore it out for a good few hours in around 26 degrees and to tell the truth, it did it's just, not one single bit of red from the sun on my face!
So yeah, I definitely recommend this product for people with pale skin who catch the sun easily on their face as it has an amazing spf 50 in it and lasts a long time but also for people who just want a BB cream but have the benefit of an spf 50 in it just in case! Hope this helps you guys and see ya soon! 



THE BB CREAM WHEN BLENDED IN GENTLY

BB CREAM AFTER BEING REALLY BLENDED INTO MY SKIN, PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment