Tuesday 25 August 2015

Current hair care routine


Hey there! Now I feel like I start off pretty much every post like this, and I am really sorry, but I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have currently been in England to visit my dad as I haven't seen him for at least a year. And I had such a lovely time over there and it was just really nice to spend two weeks with him and my little brother. I might do a blog post on my trip on England as we went to some really cool places and saw some pretty cool things so yeah, you might see an 'England blog post' on here very soon! Keep your eyes peeled!
So, as you may see by the title, I am doing an updated hair care routine. I did one a while back on my blog, but since then I have tried and tested some new and different products and have found some new little gems that do the trick! 
I love trying new hair products. If I could, I would probably buy most of the shop to try out.. that might seem a bit crazy.. but looking after your hair and finding the right products is essential to me. I have had quite a few problems with my hair in the past.. really dry hair, terrible split ends.. lets just say, since I first started using heated hair tools, my hair has just never been as smooth and healthy as it used to. And I started using straighteners at quite a young age, I must've been about 12. And I regret it, I really do. At the moment, my hair is probably at it's best since it started going down hill, so I am very happy with that. a few years ago, I cut out heated hair tools for about 8 months. Crazy. But my hair couldn't have thanked me enough. I don't use straighteners or curlers on a day to day basis anymore, as most of the time I just put it up in a messy bun as half of the time I am at home. Before I used to kind of skip the whole hair care routine but now it's a must for me as it makes such a difference. Anyway, enough of me rambling on about my hair and lets just get into my current hair care routine!

So, starting off with the products I use in the shower. First off, shampoo and conditioner. I like to use matching shampoos and conditioners because I just feel like you get more out of it, if you know what I mean. I feel like the result is better. The products I have been using and loving lately are the Aussie, Aussome Volume shampoo and conditioner. I love Aussie products and I have quite a few of them in my draws. This is a really great combo, my hair feels so soft and clean after using these products and I love the smell that it leaves on my hair and in the bathroom. If you have tried Aussie products before than you will understand what I mean! So this is their volume range, and I love these two products, don't get me wrong, but the only downside is that it doesn't give as much volume as I would like. I have tried different shampoos that give better volume. But that doesn't mean I don't like them, as I said, they leave my hair feeling so smooth and smelling amazing. I personally think I prefer their Miracle Moist range, it's the best shampoo and conditioner for dry and split hair!
Secondly, I like to use a hair mask once every week, just to give it that extra condition and treatment. And the one I have been loving lately is the Dove Nourishing Oil Care. It's an amazing hair mask, it makes my hair so silky and smooth and it just feels so nourished. I would definitely recommend trying it out, as well as the shampoo and conditioner that go with it. I have tried them before and they work a miracle on dry hair! 


Next up, the products I use after getting out the shower and onto damp, towel dried hair. I don't use both of these products at the same time, I either go for one of the other, depending on how I feel. I just really like both of them so I don't just stick to one. The first one being the Macadamia Nourishing Leave In Cream. This has to be one of the best leave in creams, ever. I would totally recommend trying out Macadamia products, you can easily find them online. You only need to use a small amount, it goes a long way! I love the smell of it and my hair feels amazing after putting this in, even before blow drying my hair, you can already see and feel a difference. I then normally blow dry my hair after using this cream and once my hair is all dry my hair looks so shiny and feels sooo smooth. It feels amazing! 
The next product is one I have only recently purchased when I was in England, and I have loved it since day one. The results after just the first use is incredible. I just had to go back into the shop and buy a few more to keep in stock. It's a thick Argan oil treatment that you put on the ends of your hair, or all over if you feel like it. It contains pure organic Moroccan Argan Oil, and I am a sucker for hair products that contain Argan oil. It just seems to work wonders. My hair looks so shiny and silky when I put this on and it feels so smooth. It also helps to reduce the vision of split ends which is amazing. I also sometimes use this on dry hair, like the next day, I don't put as much on as I feel like too much might make my hair go a bit greasy, but a nice little pea size drop on the ends of your hair just helps to control that frizz. 


Finally, moving on to the products I use before using heated hair tools such as a hair dryer or straighteners. The first thing I use is again, one I recently purchased in England, the Tresemme keratin smooth, 7 day smooth system. Now, I'm just gonna start off by saying that it doesn't really last 7 days, but it does last a good few, I guess until you next wash it. I know it says it's meant to last between washes but I guess maybe if you used the shampoo and conditioner from the same range then maybe that would help it do so. I'm not sure. Either way, I still really like this product. I put about 5 pumps onto damp hair before brushing it through and blow drying it. Then I straighten my hair, and voila! Miracle. The appearance of split ends is reduced by at least 90%. I was pretty amazed by the result after the very first time I used it and I must say I am very happy with my purchase. The reason I bought this product was because I saw and advert on TV for it, and it was half price in Tecos haha. But I would definitely recommend it to people who suffer from split ends and who want to reduce the visibility of them. 
The last product is the Bumble and Bumble thickening hairspray. You spray this on your roots and over you hair when it is damp, before blow drying it. You don't need to put too much on or it will make your hair feel quite greasy and a bit sticky (trust me, I've been there and made the mistake). I am so impressed with this product and I have never tried anything from Bumble and Bumble before, but I have heard so many great reviews, and now I know why. This is such a little gem. It gives my hair the perfect amount of volume that it needs and my hair feels so much bouncier and full when I use this. This is probably one of the best hair product purchases I have ever made! And I can't wait to try out many more products from this brand. 


So there you go! My hair care routine is done. I hope you guys enjoyed reading about these products and I hope this might help a few people find some nice gems that they need in their life. 
Let me know in the comments your favourite hair care product of the moment, I love discovering new ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment